Copyright © 2014 My Website
Barracuda Football Booster Club By-Laws
The name of this organization shall be the Barracuda Football Booster Club, LLC.
Article 2 – Purpose
1. The Barracuda Football Booster Club is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, or scientific purposes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
2. Cooperate with the athletic department, school administration and students of New Smyrna Beach High School to promote and support the football program of New Smyrna Beach High School.
3. Increase school spirit and sportsmanship among students, faculty, administration, parents and the community at large.
4. Foster and promote the general welfare of the student athlete.
5. Raise money through various activities as deemed proper by the school administration to properly support Cuda Football.
6. The Booster Club shall operate with approval of the school principal and the athletic director at New Smyrna Beach High School.
At no time shall the Booster Club make recommendations or become involved with the day-to-day operations of the school football program. At no time will it be this organization’s purpose to interfere with the policies, methods, eligibility requirements or other practices of the New Smyrna Beach High School athletic department or administration.
Article 3 – Offices
The principle office of this organization shall be located on the campus of New Smyrna Beach High School or such places as may be from time to time designated by the officers.
Article 4 – Membership
Members of this organization shall be comprised of citizens interested in the football program sponsored by New Smyrna Beach High School. Members in good standing will pay an individual annual fee of $25 by June 1 of each year. This fee will include a Booster Shirt. In order to have voting privileges, members must be in good standings and have attended 7 of 12 monthly meetings during the clubs fiscal year.
Article 5 – Officers
1. The officers of this organization shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and the current Head Football Coach of New Smyrna Beach High School. During the absence of an officer, the remaining officers transfer the powers or duties to be described herein, of any officer, to another officer in the organization.
2. All members who are in good standing shall elect the officers of this organization. The election shall be held at the general membership meeting in December of each election year. Each officer shall hold the office for a minimum period of two years or until death, resignation, retirement, removal, disqualification or a successor is elected. The President and Treasurer elections will be held
in odd years. The Vice-President and Secretary elections will be held in even years This will create staggered terms. The outgoing board will transition with the newly elected board until December 31st. A duly appointed nominations committee consisting of no more than five members in good standing appointed by the President and approved by the board shall make nominations for officers.
3. The Board will make available a proposed annual budget and a statement of needs of the organization.
4. The Athletic Director and the High School Principal will be the final decision makers regarding all matters pertaining to the football program of the school.
5. The Head Football Coach’s vote will break any tie in the vote among the Board.
6. The officers shall assume their duties on January 1st of each year.
President: The President shall be the principle officer and shall supervise all of the business and affairs of the organization and preside at all meetings of the membership and other elected officers. The President shall be responsible for the execution of all contracts, second alternate signatory on all checks and other documents on behalf of the organization. The President shall
report all decisions and recommendations of the Booster Club to the New Smyrna Beach High School Head Football Coach. The President shall be ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
Vice President: The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President or by the request of the President.
Secretary: The Secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings of the membership and elected officers. The Secretary shall maintain a roll of members with addresses, email contact and telephone numbers and take attendance at each meeting. The Secretary shall have the charge of the archives of the organization. He/She shall attend to the proper publication of the official notes and records, attest documents and perform as pertaining to the office.
Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have the charge of all monies and securities belonging to the organization. The Treasurer shall deposit said property with such bank as the elected officers shall designate in the name of the organization. The Treasurer shall control the records of all receipts and disbursements and shall have charge of all records of the organization relating to its
financing. The Treasurer shall cause funds to be distributed in accordance with the orders of the elected officers ensuring that proper vouchers are taken for such disbursements and shall perform such financial report for approval by the officers at each monthly meeting. Also, a yearly audit of the booster will be conducted by an objective outside agency by January 15th of each year. A subsequent report is to be made available to the membership by the agency lead.
Signatory: The Treasurer and one other Board member, appointed by the President, will be signatories on the Club’s bank account. The two signatories may not reside in the same household. Two signatures are required on checks that exceed $2500.00.
Vacancy: In the event of vacancy in any elected office, the remaining elected officers will appoint a person to fill this vacancy for the remaining unexpired term.
Removal of Officers: The removal of an Officer shall be at the discretion of the remaining Officers and Head Football Coach.
Article 6 – Meeting & Quorum
Meeting: The general membership meetings shall be held once a month on the campus of New Smyrna Beach High School or at a place as may be designated from time to time by the Board Members.
Quorum: A quorum for membership meeting of the organization to conduct business or elections shall be a majority of those present.
Article 7 – General Provisions
Fiscal Year: The fiscal year of the organization shall be a year ending December 31st.
Amendments: The by-laws may be amended or repealed and new by-laws may be adopted by the affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) majority of the members in good standing present at any membership meeting, provided no amendment, alteration or rescission shall be made to Article 9 of these by-laws as it relates to the prohibition against the sharing earnings and the distribution of assets. However, before any amendment shall be voted upon, it must have been presented at the previous membership meeting.
Rules of Order: The rules of order contained in “Robert’s Rules of Order” shall govern this organization in all cases in which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the by-laws.
Article 8 –Standing Committees
The following standing committees, each composed of at least three (3) persons shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board Members. The Board Members shall appoint the chairperson.
The Concessions Committee shall have the responsibility for all matters relating to concession sales for all home games, and Barracuda Football Functions.
The Merchandising Committee shall have the responsibility of all matters related to merchandise sales.
The Special Events Committee shall have the responsibility for all special event fundraisers, golf outings, and tournaments.
The Publicity Committee shall have the responsibility of all media publications via radio, newspaper, telephone, website, written program and other appropriate means.
The Banquet Committee shall have the responsibility of coordinating the annual end of year banquet.
The Meal Committee shall have the responsibility of coordinating the Thursday and Friday pregame player feedings.
The Fundraising Committee shall have the responsibility of coordinating fundraising events within non-special events limitations.
The Sponsorship Committee shall have the responsibility of procuring sponsorship for events in conjunction with Special Events coordinator and Fundraising coordinator.
Ad hoc Exploratory Committee shall be appointed by the President with the approval of Board Members as needs arise outside the expertise of the aforementioned standing committees
Article 9 –Prohibition Against Sharing Earnings
No Board Member or employee of or member of a committee of or person connected with the organization, or any other private individual shall receive at any time any of the net earnings or profit from the operations of the organization, provided this shall not prevent the payment to any such person of such reasonable compensation for services rendered to or for the organization affecting and of its purposes as shall be fixed by the Board; and no such person or persons shall be entitled to share in the distribution of any of the organization's assets upon the dissolution of the organization. Upon the dissolution or winding up of the organization, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, the assets of the organization, after all debts have been satisfied, then remaining in the hands of the Board
shall be distributed, transferred, conveyed, delivered and paid over, in such amounts as the Board may determine or as may be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction upon application of the Board, exclusively to charitable, religious, literary or educational organization which would then qualify under provisions of Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code and regulations as they now exist or as they may
hereafter be amended.
Article 10 -Prohibition Against Non-Charitable Actions
No directors, Board Members or employees of this organization shall take any action or shall fail to act in such a manner as to result in a violation of the laws of Florida or the loss of status as a charitable organization under current interpretation of Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Article 11 –School Colors and Logo’s
The use of the school colors and/or logos for private marketing or merchandise without the expressed written consent of the Principal and Athletic Director is strictly prohibited.
Article 12 –Grievance Procedures
Should any member, in good standings, of the organization have a grievance towards the practices of the Booster Club, the member shall submit a request for a grievance hearing to the Executive Board of the Barracuda Football Booster Club. The Executive Board will convene a closed session of the organization in order to hear the grievance and rule on the proceedings.
Upon the dissolution of this organization, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose.
Code Of Ethics:
The Barracuda Football Booster Club exists as an organization of parents, students, school personnel and community persons dedicated to:
1. Supporting, encouraging and advancing the football program, thereby cultivating clean, wholesome school spirit. Sharing a positive attitude while promoting good sportsmanship and developing high ideals of character.
2. The Booster Club and its members shall promote projects to improve facilities and equipment necessary to provide a premiere athletic program for New Smyrna Beach High School Football.
3. The Booster Club and its members shall not seek to influence or direct the technical activities or policies of the Head Football Coach who is charged with the responsibility of conducting the football program at New Smyrna Beach High School.
Dismissal from the Booster Club may result, but is not limited to, violation of the above Ethics at the discretion of the Executive Board and Head Football Coach.
The Booster Club and its members shall do nothing which violates the rules of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) or in any way jeopardizes the membership of the school district in said athletic/activity association.